Blood Type O Recipe
Healthy Chilly Day Chili
- Servings: 6+
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Difficulty Level: 🥄
A few years ago, I decided to start The Blood Type Diet(Type O). This diet has many requirements and restrictions. I could not find a good recipe that was compatible. I created my own version out of necessity. This Blood Type O Recipe is high in protein, fiber, and balanced with healthy low-glycemic index carbohydrates. It is compatible with the Paleo Diet; and yummy for those who follow no diet at all. Chilly Day Chili is hearty, filling and will keep you very warm on those cold winter days.
- 2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
- 2 organic onions, diced
- 3 organic green peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 15oz can organic crushed tomato
- 2 28oz can organic diced tomato
- 1 cup organic beef stock
- 2 15oz cans, organic aduki beans rinse
- Jodi’s Chili Seasoning*
- 1 bay leaf
*Jodi’s Chili Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder
3 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon organic cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What you will need to do:
- Heat a dutch oven, over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Saute onions, green peppers, and garlic until tender and onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, and with a wooden spoon; continuously stir until it deepens in color, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increase heat and add the beef and 2 teaspoons of salt. Brown the beef, stirring occasionally to pick up browned bits on the bottom of the pan as the moisture evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chile powder, cayenne powder, parsley, bay leaf, smoked paprika, cacao powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine well.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock, and beans. Cover and simmer over low heat for at least 6 hours.
To increase the number of servings, add fresh chopped organic kale. This can be served over white rice or a baked sweet potato. Alternatively, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker, set on low for 8hrs. Enjoy!
* calories are based on a single serving